Hexed

Add Reply
New Poll

June 2018: HEAT WAVE
Show this post some love?
PM Quote Posted:
Hey, guess what?

So your root admin (that's me) is super dumb, and for some reason was under the impression that May was a part of summer because she kept forgetting that August existed. Let's all take a minute to laugh. GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST NOW.

That being said, summer term will be extra long this year because it also included May. Summer's last official month is still August. Silly news aside, let's move on to more things! There are a few things to announce and a few things we'd like to remind you guys for the upcoming month.

The advertising event is now closed! Thank you so much everyone for helping bring in traffic. You guys did wonderfully <33 The winners will be announced after some review, and every participant will be awarded properly for their efforts!

Additionally, the Post-a-Thon event is over. Starters will give their normal amount of 25pts, and posts will now give you 15pts. We hope you managed to collect lots of points and buy a load of crap this month!

Please also remember that Hexed is still looking for moderators. Applications will be accepted until June 3rd 11:59 PST. For more information regarding moderation, please look to THIS POST.

If you're not up for moderation but would like to contribute to Hexed in another way or just want another way to earn points, we still have many Hexed jobs open to new applicants! You can find more information on Hexed jobs over HERE.

And last, but definitely not least, staff has decided to extend the position of Head of House to other Hogwarts Staff! This means that aside from professors, the Hospital Matron, healers, and counselors are free to PM an admin and express their interest in one of the positions. Unfortunately, caretakers, groundskeepers, and librarians are still unable to throw their names in for this particular position just because it would be a bit strange, but know that your characters are still very much loved. Again, please make sure to PM an admin if you are interested in becoming a Head of House.

--------------------
NOIR
24 - She/ Her - Admin - Skinner - PST/PTD
LET US START THE GAME.
07.22Last week of summer school! I will be super busy this week, but after that I will be free for two whole weeks. POWER THROUGH.
PM Quote Posted:
Starting Your Collection

The Achievement Guide is finally set up! To find information on achievements in general, please check out this thread.

Please also remember that if you plan on claiming any of these new achievements, that you must post the image of the achievement or the image url to the achievement you are claiming. This makes it infinitely easier for staff to apply your awards and it's just greatly appreciated!

The final note regarding achievements is that each of the three admins has three achievements that they specifically designed. Because it's actually impossible for the admins to claim some of the achievements they created, they get to keep those achievements on their OOC accounts automatically, but no one was awarded points for achievements they didn't earn.

Whenever new achievements are created, an announcement will be posted. Happy collecting!

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
07.22Last week of summer school! I will be super busy this week, but after that I will be free for two whole weeks. POWER THROUGH.
PM Quote Posted:
The Word is Out

... about Hexed! Thanks to all the advertising you guys during our event did we managed to collect some friends and put ourselves on the RPing planet <33 From now on, Mari and her advertising team will be taking care of connecting us to other people! If you'd still like to do some Hexed ads for us in your free time we would love and greatly appreciate that, so long as you don't bump the threads on resource sites (since they have rules and such) and follow the rules of other boards.

Moving on to what you guys really want to know -- the winners of the advertisement events are as follows!

In third place is Kahlen with 11 advertisements!

In second place is Kimmy with 69 advertisements!

And in first place is Lolo with a grand total of 121 advertisements. Damn, you go, girl.

Each of the winners will have their respective pixel awards placed in their OOC profiles and be awarded the appropriate amount of points. Additionally, the winners and anybody who participated in the event by advertising at least 8 times will receive a ribbon pixel () to decorate their OOC account with and points for participating.

Again, thanks so much for your help, guys! Ya'll rock.

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
May Of The Months

Thought we forgot again, didja?! WELL, WE DIDN'T. If you look at the header, you'll see that the following people (and family!) have been given a spotlight for being especially amazing and wonderful for the month of May. The winners are as follows:

Tine for Marvelous Member of the Month! Our Marvelous Member is just an all-around great addition to the community. Between her beautiful writing and her dedication, we are just very lucky to have her.

Allie for Happiest Hexer of the Month! The Happiest Hexer is a member, who just with their general presence, makes this dark and dreary purple skin an even brighter place with her wonderful personality.

Logan for Friendliest Face of the Month! The Friendliest Face is a member who chats with everyone and anyone! Despite his busy schedule, he still always finds time to hit up new members in Discord and makes it impossible to feel lonely amidst all the craziness.

The Amar-Sins for Fascinating Family of the Month! Our Fascinating Family is recognized for the detail and thought put into their backstory, and the many interesting plots that their family members have around the board!

That's not the end of things, however. Please check back soon for additional information on our OTM winners soon! And if you didn't win anything this month, remember, there's always next time!

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
You've been cursed!

It has been a few days since moderation apps have closed, and it's time to announce our new moderators! A step above our already amazing members (or Hexers as we love to call you <33), these individuals have gone up a level in that dark magic! Some think that to be a staffer is a blessing, but for those of us who've done it plenty of times before, we all know that it can be a curse as well hehe

And thus, THE CURSED TEAM (AKA OUR MODERATION TEAM) WAS BORN! Using their ultra super powers, Sara and Lacey have dedicated their lives to fighting RULEBREAKING AND THE FORCES. OF. EVIL!

In all seriousness though, please congratulate both Sara and Lacey for being promoted to moderators! We know that they will both do an amazing job, and continue to be extra fabu in their new salmon pink colors.

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
Gilderoy's Shame

Good morning (or night!), everyone! Due to the expressed interest in Head of House, rather than make badges that people can buy (which puts whoever is sleeping during that time at a disadvantage), we have decided to make an IC event to distribute the badges!

While the Hogwarts Staff were out drinking, Peeves decided that this would be the best time to unleash his terror upon the school in the form of the small, but very mischievous pixie. And guess who is stuck with cleaning them up?

Piqued your interest? For more information, click HERE!

Since the Hogwarts Staff will be busy with that event, in addition, the Blackout Event has (obviously) been extended until the end of the pixie royale. So go ahead and collect those last minute achievements while you still can! FIND THAT EVER ELUSIVE METEORITE.

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
SHORT AND SWEET

Announcement for y'all. Applications for Wandmakers are no longer being accepted. While we haven't decided who will be wandmakers yet, we have received plenty to choose from so far and will spend the next few days looking at the applicants. Thank you for your interest!

We are, however, still looking for other Hexed jobs so feel free to see the other opportunities HERE.

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
GETTING HTTPS READY

For those of you that were here earlier, there were few hours where I switched the board to HTTPS as opposed to what it is now. This broke some codes for people, and also broke our current header! It's only June, but for our new skin, it's ideal that we switch over just because it's safer, faster, and more secure. If you've ever wondered why chrome or your web browser marks Hexed as "Not Secure" this is why!

In the midst of this change, some things may break if the content isn't HTTPS-encrypted. Below is a word for word account from jcink on what you'll need to worry about.

What About non-HTTPS user posted contents? Such as: signatures, avatars, graphics, etc.

Presently, non-https images inserted using the [img] tag in posts will display over http. This could be subject to change in browsers over the future. For now, you should not worry about this. However, some users who have HTML enabled on their board allow users to utilize CSS. Their images will need to be uploaded to HTTPS-friendly image hosts. Fortunately, as a result of the push to HTTPS, most image hosts are providing https images. Some are not. We recommend using those who do, and contacting those who don't to let them know about the need for HTTPS.

This is especially relevant to coders or anyone with custom fonts and the like. In the meanwhile, you've got plenty of time to move your resources to an HTTPS host since fall won't be rolling around anytime soon. I just thought I would make an announcement to get everyone prepared.

--------------------
NOIR
LET US START THE GAME.
PM Quote Posted:
Event Filled Summers

In case some of you haven't noticed it's been a rather busy start summer for everyone! We're probably going to continue with an active summer for all Members and Staff as classes begin, people go on vacations and exams are being taken. Don't worry, things are just slowing down but we're still around.

The Pixie Royale event has ended, points will still be given to those last few who posted and did not receive a mod. We'll try and get HoH winners announced by Wednesday, the latest. Thanks to everyone who participated and made it an exciting event, you're all very creative.

Keep up the great work and thank you for being patient during this busy time. Hopefully life slows down enough that we can cause chaos in the cbox (or the board) again soon enough!

--------------------

pLIeiJ.gif
PM Quote Posted:
Heads of House

Several questions must be running wild right now. Who really beat Peeves? Did Andrew Marullo finally take his long awaited revenge against the ghostly menace? Will Ninian ever recover his composure? Did the battle for their lives finally bring together the fated lovers, Devitt and Evangeline? We'll never know! What we do know is who will be going down in Hogwarts' History as Head of House!

It was a tough night for our dear professors and company, but we're not going to bore you with the details since most of them were there. Join me instead in congratulating our new Heads of House!

Gryffindor Head of House:
Moreena Dubois

Hufflepuff Head of House:
Andrew Marullo

Ravenclaw Head of House:
Devitt Leighton

Slytherin Head of House:
Ninian Monaghan

A big thank you to all members who participated, we hope you had a good time. This event wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you to Shades and Cat for allowing us to incorporate their idea.

Winners please be on the lookout for a shout out from Noir about Pixels. They will be coming your way in the near future!

--------------------

pLIeiJ.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Rockin Roleplay Candyland Couture roleplay ads Shadowplay
Rise of the Believers Hiraeth a Panfandom RP Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU NickPicHost All Was Well